Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Trip pics

Amata? Very widespread and abundant
Last month I saw a number of colorful bugs while away. Unfortunately, due to being in a severe rush I could barely look at most of them for more than a few minutes
Medium-sized gregarious leafbeetle
Clanis bilineata pair



Stag


Dying giant longhorn
Other finds included some sort of giant brown starry-specked pentatomid-y truebug, flat millipedes with rose-colored bands, and tons of squished giant gold-green carabids (Carabus?). I also managed to see living bristletails and tiger beetles for the first time in my life.

The sheer biodiversity was quite strange, because I most certainly was not camping in the middle of a South American rainforest. In fact, the orange moth was living in a world of inescapable tobacco fumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment