Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Summer continues well

Normally I spend most of my time getting very mad over beetle-related things, and I wasn't expecting last post's Coniontis to survive the night.

It survived anyways.


The animal seemed to have odd behavior for a dying specimen; despite initially being too exhausted to walk, it displayed a short bout of suspicious antenna-waving (normally moribund beetles refuse to move unless poked around) in my hand.

I just concluded it was somewhat healthy but still moribund.



Then, I noticed it had changed positions in its container when I wasn't looking.

After prodding it a bit more around midnight, it walked without showing weakness and slowly ate a fruit piece.




As of this afternoon it is quite healthy. Perhaps it was simply stunned for a few hours after being overheated in its spiderweb...?

No comments:

Post a Comment