Pages

Sunday, November 5, 2023

Trivial updates

 Slime still alive, has taken yeast pellets. Often moves away from food for no apparent reason.

Millipedes still overpopulating. I have thought up some tactics to encourage Original Adult (it still seems to be alive) to lay its eggs on the surface. By the way, for the record I am well aware that its life doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things and that arthropods are possibly all unconscious anyways, but I shall nevertheless attempt to commit ethics at it for some reason.

Anyways, the juveniles grow quite rapidly. Here is the exterior of an egg nest and a nearly adult juvenile:


All juveniles I have are white. It seems very likely they do not become visibly colored until shortly after (or during the premolt/molt to) adulthood. So far it appears that none of the immatures have reached full size yet.

2 comments:

  1. If you find any males as they mature, please let me know so the family and genus can be pinned down. Many thanks, robert.mesibov@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do, although given the source population I suspect my culture may be composed entirely of clonal females.

      Delete