Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Several bugs vanish from my inventory

Manduca sexta died several days ago. In life it kept drooling and getting leaf sludge on its face/legs when eating, and like a starving mealworm it was suspiciously shortbodied. These are highly unusual symptoms of disease, normally infected specimens begin flopping about uncoordinatedly and vomiting; mine did not show any obvious signs of distress. A few days before it died it lost most of its appetite (it did still eat hours before perishing though) and just stopped moving and eventually turned limp, but without rotting or liquefying. Also unusual. Pretty sure it caught a pathogen in the wild, because it was already short and stout when I first laid my eyes upon it.


The Nyctoporis carinata female was sent to Hisserdude. He should prolly write a blog post soon if it makes it to his house alive.


I'm also currently mailing out my male Cotinis duo.



The only specimens I currently have left are the Nyctoporis larvae, which unlike the adult are too small to be mailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment